Earlypad brings you a fresh edition of Funding Series of Indian Startups who secured funding in the week of 27-August to 2-September 2018. Altogether there are 15 startups who could make noise in the Indian startup economy in this week.
Chennai-based Netmeds is an online based pharmacy platform, it offers both prescription drugs and over-the- counter medications as well as other health products.
· Founded Year: 2010
· Founders: Pradeep Dadha
· Funding: NetMeds has secured an amount of $35 Million from Daun Penh Cambodia Group. The funds of the startup will be used to increase awareness through marketing efforts as well as to enhance the customer experience.
Mumbai-based Droni Tech manufacture UAVs and develop software to service a range of industry requirements.
· Founded Year: 2016
· Founders: Anisha Bhosle, Chirag Patel, Onkar Bhosle, Rohit Shirke
· Funding: AI startup Droni Tech has secured an amount of Rs. 35 Million in seed round of funding from Eagle Group. The startup plans to drive R & D in Mumbai & US and aims to ramp up growth through sales & marketing.
Chennai-based Chai Kings offers a sumptuous range of chai in exotic flavours, in the most hygienic ambiance, and at perfectly justifiable prices.
· Founded Year: 2016
· Founders: Jahabar Sadique, Balaji Sadagopan
· Funding: Chai Kings has secured an amount of Rs.20 Million in a seed round of funding from The Chennai Angels.
Bengaluru-based Playtoome is a Live entertainment platform that allows users to connect with their favourite stars and watch them perform LIVE – all from the comfort of their own couch.
· Founders: S Keerthivasan
· Funding: Playtoome has secured an amount of Rs.20 Million in a seed round of funding led by Venture Catalysts.
Mumbai-based Servify is an personal device management, ownership platform and for and after-sale services for electronic gadgets.
· Founded Year: Nov 2015
· Founders: Sreevathsa Prabhakar
· Funding: Servify has secured an amount of $15 Million in a Series B round of funding Iron Pillar. The startup plans to depth its senior management and to build new technology solutions for their clients with the raised funds.
Gurugram-based WheelsEye is an logistics startup which promises minimum guarantee levels for critical support, implementation, training & access to new released features.
· Founded Year: 2017
· Founders: Anshul Mimani, Manish Somani
· Funding: WheelsEye has secured an amount of Rs.70 Million in venture round of funding led by Bengaluru Prime Venture Partners. The company plans to deploy ist funds to refine its product (which is still in the early stages of development).
Bangalore-based ShipX is a SaaS based btransport management solution platform that serves the supply chain automation needs for 3PLs, shippers and transporters.
· Founded Year: 2008
· Founders: Amar Kalale, Maxin Samuel
· Funding: ShipX has secured an amount of Rs.70 Million in a venture round of funding led by Mahindra Logistics.
New Delhi based Notesgen is a Peer-to-Peer and Peer-to-Group Learning Platform that helps students supplement their academic & competitive exam preparation.
· Founded Year: Jan 1, 2015
· Founders: Manak Gulati, Roman Khan, Sushma Gulati
· Funding: Notesgen has secured an amount of Rs.12.5 Million in a seed round of funding led by Hemant Bharatram (President of DCM Texiles). The startup plans to use its funds to develop the product and exoans its marketing.
Delhi-based myUpchar is a healthcare startup health related content to people in their language.
· Founders: Manuj Garg, Rajat Garg
· Funding: myUpchar has secured an amount of $5 Million in series A round of funding led by Nexus Venture Partners, Omidyar Network, and Shunwei Capital. The startup plans to utilize the funds to develop its product & technology offering, strengthen its voice, video, and virtual reality interfaces and also work on the development of newer interfaces.
Mumbai-based MissMalini Entertainment is an entertainment-and-lifestyle content platform dedicated to Entertaining, Connecting & Empowering young Indians.
· Founded Year: Feb 2011
· Founders: Nowshad Rizwanullah
· Funding: MissMalini has secured an amount of Rs.104 Million in a seed round of funding led by Orios Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates (NEA). The startup plans to use its funds to build full-service integrated video production units as it prepares to launch vernacular content across all its current and new engagement platforms.
Mumbai-based PropShop24 is a one-stop shop for a handpicked selection of ‘fun’tastic products from around the world.
· Founded Year: Dec 2012
· Funding: PropShop24 has secured an amount of $500K in a seed round of funding from a group of investors.
Bengaluru-based fintech platform Shubh Loans by Datasigns Technologies Pvt Ltd is Blue-collar focused digital lending platform
· Founded Year: 2016
· Founders: Anand Barua, Monish Anand, Mudit Tyagi, Oriol Mirosa, Rahul Sekar, Tushar Patel
· Funding: Shubh Loans has secured an amount of $4.2 Million in a venture round of funding led by Saama Capital. The startup plans to use the funds to expand customer sourcing platform and invest more in augmenting its technology.
Bengaluru-based fintech startup ZestMoney is a complete automated consumer digital lending platform.
· Founded Year: Jun 1, 2015
· Founders: Ashish Anantharaman, Lizzie Chapman, Priya Sharma
· Funding: ZestMoney has securerd an amount of $13.4 Million in an Series A round of funding led by Xiaomi, PayU, Ribbit Capital and Omidyar Network. The startup plans to strengthen its technology, data science capabilities as well as expand use cases for the core ZestMoney Affordability Product with its raised funds.
Pune-based Medcords is a digital medical platform that makes storage of your medical records easy on a cloud platform that makes health management easier.
· Founded Year: Dec 19, 2016
· Founders: Nikhil Baheti
· Funding: Medcords has secured an amount of Rs.26.4 Million in a seed round of funding led by Info Edge.
New Delhi-based Rooter is a Sports social gaming platform that connects and engages fans during live matches.
· Founded Year: May 20, 2016
· Founders: Akshat Goel, Piyush Kumar
· Funding: Rooter has secured an amount of Rs 4.5 crore in a seed round of funding led by group of investors of integrated incubator platform Venture Catalysts has seen the participation of Khalid Al Tawil, Anjali Malhotra, Pranay Nigotiya, Vishal Agarwal, Nishil Agarwal, Tharun Dhariwal, and Vivek Awasthi. The startup plans to use the funds in expansion of its reach and appeal and establish itself on an international stage.