Earlypad brings you a fresh edition of Funding Series of Indian Startups who secured funding in the week of 15-October to 21-October 2018. Altogether there are 9 startups that could make noise in the Indian startup economy in this week. Out of these 9 startups – BookmyBai, FarmersFZ and Mynax has secured an undisclosed amount from their investors.
Bangalore-based myGate is a mobile-based security management solution for gated premises.
· Founded Year: 2016
· Founders: Vivaik Bharadwaaj,
· Funding: myGate has secured an amount of Rs. 65 Cr in series A round of funding led by Prime Venture Partners. The startup plans to expand to 10 cities including Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi/NCR and is targeting 10 x growths in 2019 with its funds.
Bangalore-based Mynvax is a bio-tech startup, which is in research mode at present, develops next-gen vaccines for Influenza using a recombinant technology that will be used to create broadly protective vaccines which may not require annual updating.
· Founded Year: 2017
· Founders: Raghavan Varadarajan and Gautham Nadig
· Funding: Mynvax has secured an undisclosed amount of funding from Ajith Sukumaran in angel round.
Bengaluru-based Universal Sportsbiz (USPL) is a fashion startup.
· Founded Year: April 2012
· Funding: Universal Sportsbiz has secured an amount of $13.5 Million in series E round of funding led by Accel Partners. With the raised funds the startup plans to spread its offline retail network across key markets in the country.
Gurugram based travel tech startup; Travel Triangle is an exciting new way of buying trips online in India. They promote local travel agents and travellers can interact with local travel agents.
· Founded Year: July 1, 2011
· Founders: Prabhat Gupta, Sanchit Garg, Sankalp Agarwal
· Funding: Travel Triangle has secured an amount of $3 Million in debt financing from InnoVen Capital. The startup plans to strengthen its outbound based operations with its funds.
Kochi based agritech startup, FarmersFZ is an online venture for fresh and safe vegetables and agri products.
· Founded Year: 2015
· Funding: FarmersFZ has secured an amount in a seed round of funding led by Nagaraja Prakasam and P K Gopalakishnan. The startup plans to expand its geographic footprint in India and to strengthen its customer acquisition.
Bengaluru-based AI-focussed enterprise startup Worxogo uses an AI engine to improve employee performance and is based out of India with a presence in Singapore.
· Founded Year: 2015 · Founders: Ramesh Srinivas, Anant Sood, Sudha Bhamidipati
· Funding: Worxogo has secured an amount of Rs.165 Million in series A round of funding led by Ideaspring Capital and Inventus Capital Partners. With the help of funds the startup plans to strengthen its cognitive AI led products for enhancing enterprise performance and enter global markets. LetsMD
New-Delhi based is a marketplace for elective surgeries, aims to provide an avenue for prospective patients to connect with ethical healthcare service providers offering transparency in pricing
· Founded Year: 2016 · Founders: Prakhar Gupta
· Funding: LetsMD has secured an amount of $1 Million in a seed round of funding led by Orios Venture Partners.
Mumbai-based domestic help provider startup BookMyBai is an online marketplace of maid bureaus (maid or a nanny or a patient caretaker).
· Founded Year: May 2015 · Founders: Anupam Sinhal, Vickash Chowdhury, Vikash Chowdhury
· Funding: BookMyBai has secured an undisclosed amount in pre-series A funding round led by ARUN Seed. The company plans to increase its market share in the existing cities, and also to expand their geographical reach in Hyderabad and Delhi with the help of its raised funds.
Bengaluru-based metals trading marketplace, Metalstreet is a B2B marketplace for steel trading in India and allows you to seamlessly discover, connect and trade in a virtual, secure and transparent environment.
· Founded Year: 2017
· Founders: Nupin R Pillai, Arun Shukla
· Funding: Metalstreet has secured an amount of $700K in angel round of funding. The startup plans to use its funds towards ramping up and building a robust product team focused on solving challenges that are bespoke to the steel supply chain through tech enablement and innovations.