The ultimate goal of an incubator is the growth of young business and conversion of new business ideas into business opportunities.To tap this entrepreneurial potential Earlypad is introducing Incubators that supports startups by providing technical,financial and managerial services.
Incubator of the week
Ahmedabad University Support Foundation, Venture Studio, Ahmedabad University.
VentureStudio is a business incubator launched by Ahmedabad University in association with Stanford University Centre for Design Research.Since 2011,it has helped incubate over 45 ventures in areas like health, education, energy and the environment to the agriculture industry, consumer products, etc. It has approved BioNEST facility for bio-incubation by the Biotechnology Industrial Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).It also has an approved nodal agency under the Government of Gujarat Startup Policy.
Vision & Mission
VentureStudio aims to create an ecosystem of innovation that advances regional economic development and creates national and global impact.VentureStudio assists entrepreneurs in creating innovative and scalable ventures by providing access to pre-seed funding support from a variety of grants and schemes. It also provides support from a network of expert mentors and domain experts, access to engaged angel and VC investors and facilities such as state-of-the-art maker labs for engineering prototyping and a bio incubator.
Dr Sanjay Lalbhai,the Chancellor & Chairman, Board of Governors, Ahmedabad University.
Dr. Pankaj Chandra,Vice Chancellor & Chairman, Board of Management, Ahmedabad University.
Mr. Prafull Anubhai,member of the Governing Council of AES (Ahmedabad Education Society).
Mr. Bhupendra Shah,Registrar & CFO of Ahmedabad University,Director of Ahmedabad Education Society.
Mr. Nimesh Kampani,founder and chairman of JM Financial Group, one of India’s leading financial services groups.
Mr. Asit Koticha,Chairman and founder promoter of the ASK group.
Dr. Jayanti Ravi,Commissioner Higher Education in the Government of Gujarat.
Prof. Ashish Nanda,Director of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
Mr. Pradyumna Vyas has been a faculty in the Industrial Design discipline at NID and has a special interest in design for social and sustainable development intervention for SMEs and crafts.
Dr. Sudhir Jain
Director of new Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) in Ahmedabad.
- BIRAC BioNEST– Bio-NEST focuses on fostering the biotech innovation ecosystem in the country and provides support to establish bio-incubators.
- NIDHI PRAYAS– This is a program designed to attract a large number of youngsters to come forward to try out their ideas and try to see if they will work in real life business situations. If selected, such selected applicants are referred to as PRAYASEE’s.
- NIDHI EIR– It has been introduced by NSTEDB to inspire the best talents to be entrepreneurs, minimise the risk involved in pursuing start-ups, and to partially set off their opportunity costs of high paying jobs.
- NIDHI SSS -The Seed Support is for current incubatees of VentureStudio especially for early stage funding for indigenous ideas and technologies requiring up-scaling.
- Fellowship Program for Ahmedabad University Students-This program allows students greater experiential learning to create a potentially winning venture during their studies.
Just in case you want to go through their social pages we have listed down the social media links of Venture Studio.
Check out the video that describes the amazing culture at Venture Studio.